Stop managing multiple calendars. Start your free Acuity account and link it to CounselMore.
Advantages of Signing up with Acuity + CounselMore
CounselMore has reminders you can set - sure!
Acuity has way more!
CounselMore and Acuity create magic.
When a current student books an appointment - an Assignment auto populates the student's Assignments tab. Same goes for cancellations or reschedules.
When a prospective student books and appointment - You will see a new student appear at the top of your QuickList.
🕵️ If the parent booked the appointment, it may show as another student. No worries, in CounselMore you can type over the parent's name, enter the student's name and move parent info to the contact info banner. The new student (meaning the parent) can be deleted in total. Enter Bio banners > scroll to bottom > delete
👩🎓 Put a note on your website scheduling page "Enter the student email address as the primary appointment contact. Additional email addresses can be added after the student's contact."
Also, a gentle way of saying "let the student take the lead..."
Search the knowledge base for other Acuity articles.
As of Jan 2021 Acuity set these features
- Click here to create your Acuity Account.
- Next, watch a few select videos to get you up-to-speed on Acuity. Follow along with them as you set up your Availability and Appointment Types.
- Now that your Acuity account has been set up, go into CounselMore Settings and click Scheduling, 'Connect Acuity Account' to start syncing.
- First you'll authenticate with Acuity. We do not store your Acuity credentials. The login component is directly from Acuity, embedded in CounselMore. Note: This Acuity Login component does not like 'auto-populate'. If your credentials auto-populate and the 'Submit' button remains gray, simply delete and re-add the last character in your password.
- Now that your Acuity account is linked you should see a 'Scheduling Page' link near the bottom of you Settings -> Acuity Scheduling. Clicking this will take you to your Acuity scheduling page. Test this by booking an appointment with yourself using the email address of your Fake Student.
- After booking you will see a new item in your Fake Student's Assignments with the title 'Meeting' + the date of the meeting.
🚧 ❌ When a parent books an appointment they must enter their student's email address. Otherwise the parent will show as a new student in your CounselMore account.
To resolve: Go to the parent record biography section. Scroll to the bottom and Delete Student.
Enter the appointment on your calendar.
Prevent this from happening again by editing your Acuity appointments. Instruct all clients to schedule with the student and parent email addresses.
Acuity has space for both email addresses. The primary, first email listed must be the student email.
Appointments show as Assignments in the student record.
- Now return to your Acuity invite in the email of your Fake Student and click 'cancel'.
- After cancelling the appointment, you will see that the Assignments items display near the bottom of the Assignments, having been marked 'done' is now labeled 'canceled'.