complete before moving onto next section
Return to the Student & Parent Portal training section
- Invite Fake Student to their Portal and their shared Google Drive folder.
- Use a test email or an alternative email when creating your fake student
- Assign all 3 Self-Assessments & invite the student to the portal
- Access the invitation email from a different browser (Firefox, Safari, Edge). You're already signed into the Counselor Portal on Chrome so you can't use it to also sign in as your fake student
- Once you're in your second browser, go to the inbox of the fake student's email, click the invitation email and click "Getting Started"
- Follow through the sign in flow until you're in the portal
- Go to the Files Tab (still as the student) and see the message
- Go back to your Counselor Portal in Chrome and share the drive folder
- Go back to your student browser and notice the change in the Files Tab
- Assign your 3 Routine Assignments to this student
- Adjust the dates so that only 2 of those assignments are visible to the student
- Add 3 colleges to this Counselor List of this student
- Promote 2 of those colleges to the Student List
- Switching browsers to the Student Portal, go to the Student List and Promote one of those colleges to the App Tracker
- Still as the student, go to the app tracker and get an idea of how a growing list can be condensed and optimized as application deadlines approach.
- Add to the Keychain from the Counselor Portal and see how that appears for the student.
Need help completing this assignment?