This article gives an overview of the CounselMore process and is the first section of your Training Program!
Welcome to the Knowledge Base Article for the Demonstration! The KBA houses two things: The Recorded Training video for the given section of the Training Program & Knowledge Base Text with detailed information on core topics. Complete any section of your Training Program by watching the Recorded Training video, reading the Knowledge, or both!
Knowledge Base Text
CounselMore Best Practices & Standard Symbols
- Use Chrome, not Safari. Download here if you don't already have it.
- Bookmark this url: app.counselmore.com. For instructions click here.
CounselorStudentContact Heart = Application TrackerSend Portal Invite Email Share Google Drive Folder
Green means Show or Go Grey means no do not show nor go.
Menu button. Navigation button launches a tutorial
Your Quicklist will be on the left side of the application and contains a list of Student Records. The student selected, in the case, Mark Hoang, is highlighted in blue on the left. On the right side we see the student record of whatever student we've selected and are currently working on.
- Alpha: Click A|Z it to toggle between Smart Sort and Alpha Sort.
- Smart Sort: The student who you worked on last, will get put at the top of the list. The student you haven't touched in a while will trickle to the bottom of the list.
- Grad Year: Using the Search bar type in a graduation year to see one year at a time.
- Archived: At the bottom of your Quicklist.
Adding Your First Student!
At the top of the Quicklist is a green "+ Add Student" button. Click there.
- Clicking this launches a popup that requires only the student name, grad year and status (active, prospect, archive).
TIP: It's useful to add other information like email and phone number at this stage but not required. We can come back and make these additions later. Adding an email will
- click 'Create'.
- A new STUDENT RECORD has been created
- Click the pencil to the left of the student's name to open their Bio Banners.
College List Building Process
NOTE: There is an ENTIRE training section on List Building. Below are just some basic things to keep in mind for your next training.
Counselor List --> Student List --> App Tracker
- Counselor List
- Search and select schools to add to the Counselor's List. No one can see the Counselor's list but the Counselor. The Counselor evaluates schools privately and then promotes schools to the Student List.
- Promotes schools from the Counselor List to the Student List by clicking the Grad cap to the left to the school's name.
- The school will remain on the Counselor List but drop to the bottom, indicating it is a school that has already been promoted to the Student List.
- Schools promoted to the Student List are immediately visible to the Student via their Student Portal. Keep in mind, you have to invite the student to the portal.
- Promote schools from the Student List to the Application Tracker by clicking on the grey heart, turning it green.
- App Tracker
- The App Tracker is where you and your student will track all the progress made towards completing the application process for a given school.
- The Columns for the App Tracker will differ a lot from the ones available in in the Counselor & Student lists.